To Write or Not to Write...(pardon me Shakespeare)

The great bard once wrote ' to be or not to be?, that is the question'...and so I ask you, do you want to be a writer or not? So you want to be a writer, somewhat like me, but not sure where to start? Well you've certainly come to the right place. I know something about wanting to be a writer, and doing everything but writing for the past 10-15 years. Yes it took me that long to realize that I craved being a writer, whether I ever get published or not is a question for a later time.
I decided that I wanted to write for money, but more importantly to write for the pure joy of telling stories the way I like. That reason in my limited experience, is the best reason to write.
My advice to anyone who thinks they want to be a writer or thinks they have a story to tell, WRITE IT. Yes, I screamed just now. Writing is truly a labor of love, it requires nothing more than a love of telling stories. You may or may not get published, but write because it means something to you. You can choose to share it or not, but whatever you do write.
Write about things you know but also write about things you want to know. Challenge yourself to write in different ways and take a class or two to learn new skills and improve old ones. We may all have stories to tell but sometimes we don't have the best techniques. I took a class in college and am presently enrolled in a course with the Institute of Children's Literature. It has so far proved to be the best experience. I have learnt my weaknesses and strengths and hopefully when I am done, I'll be a published author.
In the mean time check out my website for information for aspiring authors and view some of my work. I hope this helps to set you on your way to fun and profitable career as a writer.

Ok..So for the rest of my fans...I bid you adieu. I'll see you all back here at my hive tomorrow nite. Buh-Byezz

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

QUOTES FOR YOU!!

ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Books & Tools for Writers

A Lil Bit About Me

Welcome to Beez Wordz...yup that's me. I'm an aspiring writer who hopes one day to be famous but for now this is as good as it gets :) Until the publishing world recognizes my genius,(okay genius maybe a bit egotistical but it's my blog), I've decided to share my work on my own website. Mainly this is my way to vent as a writer and share my ideas with those of a like mind...hey at this point I'll talk to just about anyone who'll listen to me. So go ahead and buzz me.

Recent Comments